Due to the ongoing pandemic, we have decided on 19th February 2021 to extend our GDS covid exchange policy until 30th September 2021, rather than within a one year period as previously announced.
Any GDS-Air agents, booking through UK points of sale, with passengers with travel dates between 13th March 2020 and 30th September 2021 can either carry out a fee-free exchange before departure within the same PNR, or create a replacement booking before 31st December 2021. Please find more information here below:
- Reissues can be completed within the same PNR before departure by doing an 'involuntary reissue' for bookings on cancelled trains.
- Rebook the same booking class in a brand-new PNR on the new date if available.
- All rebookings will need to be issued by 31st December 2021
- If the original booking class is not available, book the next available fare bucket within the same cabin class.
- Please leave the sectors live on the original booking in the GDS, allowing the ticket to expire. When the passenger no shows, this will not be a problem.
- Once you have rebooked, you will need to apply for a refund of the original booking via the BSP link.
- When completing the refund application, please state Covid-19 in the notes box as the reason and also include the new PNR, as without that your application will be rejected.
- Please do NOT claim an e-voucher on behalf of the passenger, as e-vouchers are not compatible with GDS systems.