Changes to entry rules for passengers travelling to Germany via Belgium
Whilst the German government has updated its rules for passengers travelling from the UK to Germany, please remember that Eurostar passengers travelling from the UK to Germany via a connection in Brussels must meet the criteria imposed by the Belgian government for travel to Belgium.
Passengers are no longer allowed to travel to Belgium unless they are:
- a Belgian citizen or resident
- the partner or child of a Belgian citizen or resident. Or the child of a Belgian citizen or resident’s partner. These passengers must hold an Essential Travel Certificate issued by a Belgian diplomatic or consular post
- an EU national travelling through Belgium to their country of citizenship or main residence
- travelling through Belgium to an area outside the EU
COVID testing rules for Belgian residents
Belgian residents must take a PCR test:
- on the day they arrive in Belgium. After filling in a Passenger Locator Form, they’ll get a text inviting them to go to a test centre
- on their 7th day in Belgium
Belgian residents do not need to take a COVID test before travelling.
New COVID testing rules for non-Belgian residents
Passengers aged six and over who have stayed for 48 hours or more in the UK and/or plan to stay in Belgium for 48 hours or more, must:
- take a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours before arriving in Belgium, regardless of their nationality (antigen tests are not acceptable)
OR provide an EU COVID Certificate from 01 July
- take a negative PCR test on their 7th day in Belgium
Passengers will be refused entry if they fail to comply with these restrictions. They will be responsible for any associated costs.
If passengers are no longer able to travel
Please advise customers to go to Manage your booking where they can exchange their tickets to travel on a later date. Or more information on how to make an exchange in your reservation system can be found here.
Please advise your customers to keep up to date with all the latest government rules at eurostar.com.