France has implemented tighter rules for entering and exiting the country. These restrict travel to essential reasons for French citizens and residents, EU nationals and a few limited exceptions. Please also note that non-EU passport holders (including UK passport holders) arriving into France by train are not permitted to transit through France to make a connection by rail or air to another country.
The new rules are in addition to previously introduced measures. These include the need for a negative PCR coronavirus test (taken no more than 72 hours before travel) and the requirement to self-isolate for seven days when travelling from the UK.
Please ensure your customers’ reason for travel is permitted and that they have all the mandatory documents. Your customers can find the entry requirements for travelling to France here.
- All travellers from the UK to France must carry a printed and completed version of a mandatory travel certificate.
- Travel certificate for French and EU nationals: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/126111/1008555/file/31-01-2021-attestation-entree-ressortissant-francais-et-europeen.docx
- Travel certificate for all other nationalities: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/126109/1008545/file/31-01-2021-attestation-deplacement-du-royaume-uni-vers-la-france-rpt-uk.docx
- Travellers from the UK will also need to have a completed sworn statement.
- When going to the UK, all passengers from France will need to fill in a travel certificate regardless of their nationality: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/126107/1008535/file/31-01-2021-attestation-de-deplacement-depuis-la-france-metropolitaine-vers-un-pays-exterieur-a-l-espace-europeen.docx
- There are also specific regulations from the UK government.
For more information, your customers can visit our coronavirus hub.