The UK is mad about gin right now, with specialist gins served everywhere from ritzy cocktail bars to traditional pubs. The number of distillers has more than doubled in the last two years and there’s never been a bigger range of gins to try out. On our gin experience you’ll taste a range of rare and exclusive blends, as well as learn about how gin is made, its origins, what tonics to serve with which gin, and the role of those all-important botanicals.
- Gin – a brief history and how it’s made
- Botanical Challenge – the delegates are given three very different gins and asked to select which botanicals are dominant in each
- Tonic – why it works and which is best
- Dressing Challenge – delegates are given three more gins to match with tonic, and more importantly a range of dressings – from a good old slice of lemon to spruce sprigs; sea vegetables; and pink peppercorns.
- Name my Gin – so much of a gin’s success is in its branding, as a final competition, delegates are asked to reveal the names they would give their own gin brands, and vote for the winner.