More than a wine-tasting experience - rather than just improving your knowledge of wine, it will teach you how to look at a restaurant wine list, instantly find the pearls and wow your dining companions. Not only will you learn how to cherrypick the right wine for your meal, you’ll find out more about some of the hottest restaurants in your destination city and their signature dishes, so you can pair your wines with confidence when you’re there.
- A Tasting Start – delegates are given three wines from unexpected countries – such as Austria and Portugal – and asked to rank them in order of preference.
- Reading a Wine List – tips on what to look for and why
- Destination Restaurant Scene – an overview of what’s hot for foodies in the destination city – delegates pick their three favourites.
- The Wine List – lists for those three restaurants are shared with the group – what would they pick and why?
- Experts Choice – the wine expert tells them what they would choose and why
- Tasting 2 – new wines as featured on the lists the delegates have just looked through
- Wine List challenge – new restaurant wine lists are passed around and the delegates have to say what they would now select (with their new knowledge) for the experts to comment on.
- Where to Eat Now! – three places in the destination city where the delegates could go to when they disembark*
* Reservations could be made at these venues for a dine-around experience.