Tickle your tastebuds with a cheese-tasting experience hosted by Britain’s leading cheese writer and World Cheese Awards judge, Patrick McGuigan. In this foodie session you’ll get your teeth into some tasty cheese treats, feasting on flavours you’ve never tried before, while learning about how they’re produced. Try cheeses from different Eurostar destination cities and countries, including new wave and classic cheeses, or team them up with drinks to create a Eurostar destination-based taste test
- Why beer is a better match than wine - basic rules of matching
- Tasting - 3 cheeses from destination city/country, including new wave and classic cheeses. Or tasting and voting from departure country vs. destination e.g. cheeses and beers from UK vs. France.
- Tutored tasting - insight on where cheeses/beers from and recent trends (e.g. rise of raw milk and wild yeasts, craft beer and new wave cheese)
- Taste like a Professional - mystery cheese. Prizes for people identify same flavours as the experts.
- Voting – delegates decide which match work best with which cheese
- Before you disembark - where to buy and eat cheese in destination cities - best shops, markets, restaurants, bars etc.