No trains between Brussels-North and Brussels-Midi from 29th April to 1st May.
We would like to inform you that engineering works will take place in the so-called "North-South" rail junction in Brussels from Saturday 29th April to Monday 1st May included. As a result, rail traffic will be totally interrupted between the stations of Brussels-Midi, Brussels-Central and Brussels-North, with consequences for most national and international trains to, from or via Brussels.
These engineering works might affect the passenger's journey, especially if they have an onward connection in Brussels to/from other places in Belgium.
An alternative schedule will apply, and will include the following measures:
• Eurostar will operate a normal service to/from Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid station.
• TGV® Brussels-France will operate a normal service to/from Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid station.
• Thalys will connect Paris, Brussels and the Netherlands with an adapted schedule (using western bypass line 28 between Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid and the Netherlands). Thalys will not connect Brussels and Germany, but will connect Liège and Germany (Thalys services connecting Paris and Germany will be diverted towards Liège via Namur).
• InterCity trains connecting Brussels with Amsterdam will exceptionally depart and terminate at Brussels Airport-Zaventem. Travellers from Brussels to the Netherlands can travel from Bruxelles-Nord/Brussel-Noord station to Mechelen (Malines), where they can board on the InterCity trains to Amsterdam. In the opposite direction, travellers from the Netherlands to Brussels can get off at Mechelen station and use local connections to Bruxelles-Nord/Brussel-Noord station.
• ICE trains connecting Brussels with Germany will depart and terminate at Bruxelles-Nord/Brussel-Noord station, and will operate according to their usual schedule between Bruxelles-Nord/Brussel-Noord and Germany.
• InterCity services connecting Brussels with Luxembourg will depart and terminate at Bruxelles-Nord/Brussel-Noord.
• The station of Bruxelles-Central/Brussel-Centraal will not be served. Shuttle trains will connect the stations of Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid and Bruxelles-Nord/Brussel-Noord via the western bypass line around Brussels (three shuttle trains in hour in each direction).
Please view adapted schedules to check whether the passenger's journey is impacted or not.