This experience is the re-invention of a wine-tasting: rather than just improving the delegates’ knowledge of wine, it will teach them how to look at a restaurant wine list and instantly find the pearls – impressing their fellow diners, improving their meals out and giving them a skill for life. No more opting for the Malbec or Pinot Grigio because “it’s safe.”
However this experience is also linked to the destination – delegates are introduced to some of the hottest restaurants in the destination city and their signature dishes, so they can make the most of their eating out opportunities on arrival.
- A Tasting Start – delegates are given three wines from unexpected countries – such as Austria and Portugal – and asked to rank them in order of preference.
- Reading a Wine List – tips on what to look for and why
- Destination Restaurant Scene – an overview of what’s hot for foodies in the destination city – delegates pick their three favourites.
- The Wine List – lists for those three restaurants are shared with the group – what would they pick and why?
- Experts Choice – the wine expert tells them what they would choose and why
- Tasting 2 – new wines as featured on the lists the delegates have just looked through
- Wine List challenge – new restaurant wine lists are passed around and the delegates have to say what they would now select (with their new knowledge) for the experts to comment on.
- Where to Eat Now! – three places in the destination city where the delegates could go to when they disembark*
* Reservations could be made at these venues for a dine-around experience.