Britain’s leading cheese writer and World Cheese Awards judge, Patrick McGuigan leads a foodie experience that will give delegates flavours they have never tried before, and enthuse and educate them about the produce of their destination.
Cheese is the new growing, and accessible, food trend – cheese festivals and cheese trucks are selling out fast as we get more access to the true artisan product which offers an astonishing range of flavours.
With this cheese revolution comes a new generation of young, passionate producers, mongers and chefs taking cheese in exciting new directions.
The movement has much in common with the rise of craft beer with pubs and restaurants offering cheese boards with matching beers. And once you’ve tried it, you’ll never settle for cheese & wine tastings again.
The pairings are also accompanied by bites created by award-winning chef, Dan Kenny that include cashew nut brittle; bacon jam; drunken cherries and ginger fruit cake.
- Why beer is a better match than wine - basic rules of matching
- Tasting - 5 cheeses from destination city/country, including new wave and classic cheeses. Or tasting and voting from departure country vs. destination e.g. cheeses and beers from UK vs. France.
- Tutored tasting - insight on where cheeses/beers from and recent trends (e.g. rise of raw milk and wild yeasts, craft beer and new wave cheese)
- Taste like a Professional - mystery cheese. Prizes for people identify same flavours as the experts.
- Voting – delegates decide which match work best with which cheese
- Before you disembark - where to buy and eat cheese in destination cities - best shops, markets, restaurants, bars etc.